T's & C's
LOUISE’S LARDER LIMITED supplies goods on the following terms and conditions:
- The meaning of some words used in these terms and conditions
‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is a reference to Louise’s Larder Limited;
‘you’ or ‘your’ is a reference to the person to whom we are supplying Goods and who is required to pay for the Goods we supply;
‘Goods’ means the goods that you agree to buy from us and which you will pay for.
- Our contact details are: Louise’s Larder Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 08552180 whose registered office is at 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB, Email: email@example.com; Telephone: 01363 84826.
- Making an order
- When you place an order you are making an offer to buy the Goods you have specified at the price stated for those Goods from us. We are under no obligation to accept your offer. At this stage there is not a binding contract between you and us.
- We will acknowledge your order to confirm that we have received your order, whether immediately if the order is placed at a trade fair attended by us; by email (if you have placed the order online);or by post (if you have sent us an order via our catalogue). The confirmation will provide details of what you have ordered, the price that will be charged as well as other information about the progress of your order and estimated dispatch and delivery information. At this stage there will not be a binding order between you and us.
- We will contact you by email (or by post if you have ordered the Goods via our catalogue) to let you know that your order for the Goods has been dispatched. This communication will be our acceptance of your order (‘Order Acceptance’). At the time the Order Acceptance is sent by us (which may be different to the time you receive it) there will be a binding contract between you and us.
- If the Goods ordered by you are not available at the time of dispatch a substitution will be made with a similar product of equal or greater value. Please inform us if you are not willing to accept substitutes.
- Price of goods
- We try our best to display accurate and up to date prices, whether in our catalogues oron our website or at trade fairs. However, we cannot state the definite price until we send you the Order Acceptance.
- If the price of the Goods is different at the time we are ready to send the Order Acceptance to what it was at the time you placed your order then two things can happen:
- if the price is lower at the time we send the Order Acceptance then we will charge you the lower price and dispatch the goods; or
- if the price is higher at the time we send the Order Acceptance then we will either cancel your order or contact you to ask you either whether you wish to pay the higher price or to cancel your order. If the order is cancelled by us or you do cancel the order then if you have already made any payment(s), we will make a refund.
- All prices shown are inclusive of VAT if applicable. We reserve the right to amend prices in accordance with any change in VAT duty.
- When you place an order online or by mail order you authorise us to debit the credit, debit or other card you specify on your order for the amount of the order at the time we send the Order Acceptance.
- Availability and dispatch of Goods
- The availabilities of the Goods as shown at a trade fair, online or in our catalogues are only estimates and should not be relied on as definite statements as to whether the Goods you wish to purchase are actually in stock.
- Any times and dates given for dispatch of Goods (or the length of time that Goods will take to be delivered) are only estimates. Time shall not be of the essence, however, if we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. If the delay will be substantial or if the Goods will not be available at all for dispatch we will offer you the option either to cancel your order and refund any payment(s) you have made or allow you to choose alternative Goods.
- We only make deliveries in the mainland of the United Kingdom, The Highlands and Islands, Scilly Isles and Isle of Man.
- We may deliver the Goods in one or more instalments and some of the Goods may be delivered directly from the manufacturer of the Goods.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made to your address as specified in your order and you shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- Risk in the Goods passes to you on the date when the goods are delivered to you or on the date of the first attempted delivery by us.
- Title in the Goods shall not pass to you until payment in full for the goods has been made.
- Age Restrictions
- By placing an order and agreeing to these terms and conditions you declare that you are of the appropriate legal age to purchase the Goods. Items containing alcohol can only be ordered and delivered to those aged 18 or over and must not be purchased for someone else who is under age. Proof of ID may be requested.
- If we discover that you are not legally entitled to order certain Goods we shall be entitled to cancel the order immediately without notice.
- Limitation of liability
- You shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify us by email or telephone within 7 working days of delivery if the Goods are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity damaged. If you fail to do so you shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods. We shall have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem in accordance with this condition.
- If you notify a problem to us under this condition, (and provided that where a claim of defect or damage is made the Goods shall have be returned by you to us within 28 days of delivery), our only obligation will be, at your option:
- to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
- to replace or repair any Goods that are damaged or defective; or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question in whatever way we choose.
Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the Goods in question under Clause 7.2.3 above.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Cancellation rights and Returns
- If you have purchased the Goods from our website or catalogue, you have a right by law to cancel this contract within a seven day ‘cooling off’ period from the date of your receiving the Goods. The seven day period starts on the day after you receive the Goods. Please note that cooling off period does not apply to perishable food and beverage items and, as such, if the Goods contained in your order consist of perishable food and beverage items you will not have an automatic right to cancel the contract during the cooling off period.
- To cancel the contract you will need to send a letter to us. You can send the letter by post, email or facsimile or by personal delivery. Contact details for where to send the letter are set out in paragraph 1.2 above. If you cancel the contract orally, you will need to confirm the oral cancellation in writing and send it to us by one of the means just specified.
- If you wish to return the items pursuant to cancellation of the contract, you must send them to us in their original packaging. You must pay the cost of returning the items to us. Alternatively, we can collect the items from you, but you will have to pay the cost of us collecting the goods.
- Goods to be returned must clearly show the order number of the Goods.
- Where returned Goods are found to be damaged due to your fault you will be liable for the cost of remedying such damage.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this contract is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
- Law and jurisdiction
This contract shall be governed and construed by the law of England and you and we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.